Thursday, November 21, 2013

G O L D

DIY: Gold Mugs

· I call this an attempt at craftiness ·
My sister (Caity) and I saw this really cute pin on Pinterest
of a plain white mug that was revamped with a touch of gold spray paint!

Seems harmless right? 

Well, unfortunately our attempt at spray painting our mugs turned out a bit more "vintage" than we had anticipated. 
Still cute though, right?? 



We began by applying painters tape to the areas of the mug we 
did NOT want paint on:






After we were satisfied with the tape coverage we began to spray the 
beautiful gold onto the mugs!


Never be afraid to get your hands 
dirty with gold!


After we sprayed the gold we sprayed a clear sealer. 
I would suggest spraying the sealer on the mug once the gold is completely dry.
Remember to take the tape off before the paint is dry otherwise you could take the paint off with the tape.
In addition, while the cup is drying place upright to ensure that the paint does not drip.
Once complete do not use a dishwasher, but wash the inside by hand.


~ Now for the mugs DEBUT ~



Enjoying its time on my lap



 Stealing the spotlight over my booties



 Me and the cup bonding together 
(don't mind my claw finger)



~ Touched for the very first time ~

❥  Keeping you satisfied, your girl Hannah 

2 comments:

  1. your quotes are what make it so so great! hahahhah touched for the very first time, I love that mug though its so cute!!

    ReplyDelete