Monday, December 9, 2013

Wrex the Halls

Wrex the Halls

Last night I went to San Diego to see the concert; Wrex the Halls. 
The concert included the head-liner: 

Queens of the Stone Age

and the other bands were:

J. Roddy Walston & The Business
Alt-J
Arctic Monkeys
Cage the Elephant
Silent Comedy
Vampire Weekend

The Concert is put on by 91X 
which implies the name WreX the Halls instead of WreCK the Halls. 

I got to tag along because some people weren't able to go…
so there was an extra ticket!
As a generous early Christmas gift my friend 
Olivia gave me the extra ticket!

(link to her blog)
http://loosdlimits.blogspot.com/2013/12/poetry-hour-entry-two-season.html

Tagging along, I hardly knew the bands. 
I had heard at least one song from each band
but was excited to join along… and who doesn't love a good concert??

Over-all the band Alt-J was my favorite! 
The band originates in England which interested me already because last spring I studied in Oxford, England for ten weeks.
Not only is the band from a foreign location, their sound is extremely eclectic.
They are characterized as indie-dubstep.

And let me tell you, 
the singers unique voice combined with
their outstanding use of instruments pulls you into the melody and rhythm.

Overall the night was fantastic, and spending it with two of my greatest friends helped a little too!














Feeling inspired
On our way out of the concert we stopped for a little
jam session of our own…
ENJOY


















"A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts."
- Elvis Presley
❥ Keeping you satisfied, your girl Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment